This application is for international students who wish to study English as a Second Language at the University of Hartford. Applicants must be secondary school graduates.
If the application is being sent from abroad, it must be received in our office 45 days prior to the first day of registration for that semester. An application delivered in person should be received no later than the first day of registration.
Application Process to the English Language Institute
All applicants must submit the following in order to be considered for admission to the English Language Institute.
1. An application. Download the Application Form
2. Financial guarantor letter. This must be an original, signed and stamped letter from a reputable bank. Download the Guarantor's Statement
3. $55.00 application fee. This can be in the form of a check or credit card information.
4. Original transcript from high school and/or university.
5. Copy of applicant's passport.
6. Original test scores from TOEFL. These documents must be mailed to the department directly from the testing center.
Documents should be sent to the following address:Martha Crane English Language Institute - A220 University of Hartford 200 Bloomfield Avenue West Hartford, CT 06117
This application is for courses in English as a Second Language only. Completion of this application and its acceptance by the English Language Institute does not constitute admission to or consideration for any other programs of study at this University. Those interested in entering a program of study leading to a degree from The University of Hartford should request an application from the Undergraduate Admissions Office or from the appropriate graduate school of the University.