Upcoming Career Fairs
Be sure to check the websites for the following events before you attend to ensure that they are open to the public, open by invitation only, to ascertain whether there is a cost, and to see which employers will be in attendance!
SEPTEMBER 2014 FAIRS
- 9th or 10th: Work Study Job Fair. Students who have been awarded Federal Work Study Status may obtain a Work Study Job. Check your financial aid packet to see if you qualify. Stop by Suisman Lounge anytime between 10 a.m.–2 p.m. on either day. Note: Work Study Jobs will be posted on CareerBridge by the end of August.
- 22nd: "No Barriers" Job Fair for Veterans. This fair is for veteran students who are juniors, seniors and graduate level. Find additional details under the events tab on CareerBridge. You must register and upload your resume on CareerBridge no later than September 15th. Event held in the Student Union Ball Room on the UConn campus. Fair takes place between 11:45 - 2:30 p.m.
- 30th: Business Opportunity Fair. Come meet representatives from area businesses to discuss full-time and internship opportunities in the fields of accounting, economics & finance, marketing, entrepreneurial studies, actuarial science, management and insurance. Dress for success and bring copies of your résumé. Plan ahead if you have classes during this time -- speak with your professor in advance about making up the work. Event held in Konover Campus Center from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
OCTOBER 2014 FAIRS
- 8th: Cambridge Career Expo. Event held from 10:00 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Cambridge IBM Innovation Center in MA.
- 9th: Government, Criminal Justice & Nonprofit Career Fair. Fair takes place in the Woodward Center, Westfield State University in MA from 1:30 – 4 p.m. Bring copies of your résumé and dress professionally.
- 22nd: College2Career Expo. Do NOT miss the largest college career fair in the Hartford area! Dress for success and bring copies of your résumé. If you need help with your résumé, please give Career Services a call at 860.768.4287. Plan ahead if you have classes during this time -- speak with your professor in advance about making up the work. Event is held at Rentschler Field in East Hartford from 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
NOVEMBER 2014 FAIRS
- 4th: College of Engineering, Technology & Architecture Fair. Come dressed for success and bring copies of your résumé. Plan ahead if you have classes during this time -- speak with your professor in advance about making up the work. Event takes place in Konover Campus Center from 10 a.m.–2 p.m. Need help with your résumé? Call Career Services for assistance: 860.768.4287.
- 13th and 20th: Public Safety Career Fair for Veterans. Event held from 3 – 5 p.m. at the Public Safety Complex in Storrs, CT. Please RSVP by November 11th to email@example.com
- 18th: Wheeler Career Fair. Event takes place from 3:30 – 7:30 p.m. at 91 Northwest Drive, Plainville, CT. Wheeler is hiring special ed teachers, paraprofessionals, direct care counselors and clinicians.
- 21st: Veterans' Career Day. Your next mission is with Aetna! We want to help you find a career. Learn how your skill set and expertise can transfer to a career. This event is held at Aetna, 151 Farmington Avenue, Hartford, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Please RSVP by November 3rd. Go to www.aetna.com and type "career fairs" in the search box.
JANUARY 2015 FAIRS
- 6th: Get Hired. CT's largest insurance and financial services career fair for college students! Event takes place at the Hartford Marriott Downtown. Please register.
Websites to check for other job fairs:
CT Career Fairs
Job Fair Directory
Minority Professional Network
National Career Fairs