Upcoming Career Events
For details and updates please contact Sue Landolina @
860.768.4168 or email@example.com.
- 9th or 10th: Work Study Job Fair. Students who have been awarded Federal Work Study Status may obtain a Work Study Job. Check your financial aid packet to see if you qualify. Stop by Suisman Lounge anytime between 10 a.m.–2 p.m. on either day. Note: Work Study Jobs will be posted on CareerBridge by the end of August.
- 11th: Life Saver Career Fair Prep. Ready to attend a career fair? Not to worry...Career Services to the rescue! Join us from noon–2 p.m. in GSU 345 to get your résumé in tip-top shape, practice your 30 second introduction to employers, and prepare for much more!
- 23rd: CETA Students: Presenting Your Best Self. Learn how to make a good impression when you meet with employers. Event held in UT320 from noon to 1:30 p.m.
- 27th: Leadership Quest. A one-day professional conference for University of Hartford students to gain insights on how to become a leader in today's rapidly changing world. Join us on Saturday from 9 a.m.– 2 p.m. in Suisman Lounge. Please register for this event on CareerBridge.
- 30th: Business Opportunity Fair. Come meet representatives from area businesses to discuss full-time and internship opportunities in the fields of accounting, economics & finance, marketing, entrepreneurial studies, actuarial science, management and insurance. Dress for success and bring copies of your résumé. Plan ahead if you have classes during this time -- speak with your professor in advance about making up the work. Event held in Konover Campus Center from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- 1st: Etiquette Dinner. Be prepared to attend a business dinner. Which utensil should you use for seafood? Which glass is for red wine? When NOT to speak? How to signal you are done with your meal? Come learn the answers to these questions plus much more! Event takes place from 5–7:30 p.m. in the 1877 Club. You must register on CareerBridge for this event.
- 8th: Résumé Boot Camp. Is your résumé up-to-date? Do you need to create one? Does your résumé stand out? Don't miss this important event! Now is the time to whip your résumé into shape. Bring a copy of your résumé and stop by Suisman Lounge anytime between 10 a.m–2 p.m.
- 14th: Speed Mock Interviews. Learn good interviewing techniques. Please register for this event on CareerBridge. Event held in GSU Rooms 331 & 333 from 5–7:30 p.m.
- 22nd: College2Career Expo. Do NOT miss the largest college career fair in the Hartford area! Dress for success and bring copies of your résumé. If you need help with your résumé, please give Career Services a call at 860.768.4287. Plan ahead if you have classes during this time -- speak with your professor in advance about making up the work. Event is held at Rentschler Field in East Hartford from 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
- 4th: College of Engineering, Technology & Architecture Fair. Come dressed for success and bring copies of your résumé. Plan ahead if you have classes during this time -- speak with your professor in advance about making up the work. Event takes place in Konover Campus Center from 10 a.m.–2 p.m. Need help with your résumé? Call Career Services for assistance: 860.768.4287.