What We Offer
Student Health Services provides healthcare to students at the University. Acute care is provided by the Student Health Services staff, which includes nurses, nurse practitioners and physicians. Our healthcare providers have access to a wide range of specialists and emergency services when necessary. We are here to serve the student community and are committed to maintaining the highest possible quality of care.
- All full-time undergraduates who have paid the Student Support Services fee and are eligible for services. Graduate and part-time students may also come to our office on a fee-for-services basis.
- All full-time undergraduates can utilize Student Health Services and the Counseling and Pyscological Services Department (CAPS)
- Fees for services apply (medications, laboratory testing, STD testing, etc.).
- Payment is expected at the time of service.
- Payment can be made by cash, check, charge, or Hawk's Cash.
- Acute care
- A full women’s health clinic, which offers routine examinations, annual exams, problem visits, breast examinations, pregnancy testing, emergency contraception, and birth control
- STD screening and testing
- Laboratory testing/blood drawing station available for orders from your home physician
- Allergy clinic for those students who are currently taking allergy shots
- Prescription and over-the-counter medication are available for purchase
- Immunizations (MMR, meningitis, Hepatitis A and B, PPD, tetanus, flu vaccine, etc.)
- Nutritional counseling is available through Aramark Food Services on campus
If you wish to utilize Student Health Services, please call 860.768.6601 or ext. 6601 to schedule an appointment.
If you have an emergency on campus while Student Health Services is not open, contact Public Safety at ext. 7985 or 7777. For off-campus emergencies, call 911.