1. Where should I register to vote?
As a college student you have the right to choose to vote where you go to school or in the town where your parents reside, ultimately the choice is yours. To learn more about your voting rights click here.
2. What is the best time to go and vote?
The best time to vote for a student at the University of Hartford would be between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. while others are at work.
3. If I am already registered to vote in another state, but I choose to vote in Connecticut, should I still fill out the Connecticut Voter Registration Form?
Yes. Even if you have already registered to vote in another state, you must register again to vote in the proper district. Completing this form will also ensure that you are not registered to vote in two separate districts.
4. If I am already registered to vote in another town in Connecticut, but I would like to vote locally will I have to register again?
Yes. Although you may be registered to vote in the state of Connecticut, voter registration is specific to each district. Therefore, to vote locally you will have to reregister using your school address.
5. As a student living on the University of Hartford campus, and choosing to register and vote locally, what town will I vote in?
The vast majority of students living on campus will vote in Hartford. However, students living in A or C Complex will vote in West Hartford. Due to the town lines that run through our campus, some students live in West Hartford while others reside in Hartford. Therefore, it is essential to indicate which Residence Hall you live in on your voter registration form.
6. What are the advantages to assisting at the polls on Election Day?
Along with helping in the democratic voting process, it is possible to earn money for volunteering on Election Day to help at the polls. For more information make sure to check the box on your voter registration form indicating that you would like to volunteer at the polls.
Still have questions? Contact the Center for Community Service either by email at email@example.com or phone 860-768-5409 or stop by GSU 209 during our office hours M-F, 8:30am - 4:30pm.