Skip to Top NavigationSkip to Utility NavigationSkip to SearchSkip to Left NavigationSkip to Content
Mobile Menu

Registering with Access-Ability Services

Steps to registering and accessing accommodations:

Accecss-Ability Services is voluntary and it is the student’s responsibility to initiate and maintain contact.
  • The student is responsible for submitting documentation to Access-Ability Services, separate from their admissions application.  Documentation can be mailed, emailed, faxed, or dropped off (please see contact information below). If you need to obtain documentation, please see the Referral List from Counseling and Psychological Services at the University of Hartford.  Please note that the Access-Ability Services does not endorse the providers on the Referral List and it is the student’s responsibility to verify that the providers can supply sufficient documentation.
  • After you have submitted your documentation, Access-Ability Services will email you on your University of Hartford email account in order to schedule your Intake Interview appointment. If your documentation is not considered current and sufficient, you may be granted accommodations on a provisional basis.  Provisional accommodations will be granted for one semester allowing students to gather additional required documentation.
  • Intake Interview appointments usually last between 45 minutes and one hour and consist of completing paperwork, discussing the nature and limitations of the disability, and accommodations. During this appointment, an Access-Ability Services staff member will determine with you which accommodations you will be approved for.
  • After the Intake Interview appointment, Access-Ability Services will electronically send an Accommodation Letter, indicating the approved accommodations to each faculty requested by the student.  By law, the nature and extent of the disability are not identified on this letter.
  •  In order to activate the accommodations, it is the student’s responsibility to speak with their professor to use or waive specific approved accommodations.  It is the student’s right to use or waive approved accommodations on a case-by-case or semester-by-semester basis.

Please note that students must request accommodations each semester as accommodations do not roll over.

Please note that accommodations and services may change over time; additional or different documentation may be required in order for an accommodation to be approved or revised.

Contact Information:

Auerbach Hall, Room 209
200 Bloomfield Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117
Phone: 860.768.4312
Fax: 860.768.4183