Skip to Top NavigationSkip to Utility NavigationSkip to SearchSkip to Left NavigationSkip to Content
Mobile Menu

Accommodation Letter

What is an Accommodation Letter?

An Accommodation Letter is a University of Hartford document issued by Access-Ability Services to a student who has filed appropriate documentation verifying the presence of a documented disability and is eligible to receive specific services and accommodations.

What is the procedure for obtaining an Accommodation Letter?

New and Transfer Students will receive their Accommodation Letter after submitting documentation of a disability and participating in an Intake Interview appointment.  Accommodation Letters are sent electronically to faculty and the student is copied.  

Who is responsible for obtaining the Accommodation Letter?

It is the student's responsibility to contact Access-Ability Services at the start of semester to request a Letter of Accommodation.  This procedure must be repeated each semester.

Why is a Letter of Disclosure necessary?

The student is required to provide a professor with an accommodation letter in order to receive any accommodations.  At the postsecondary level, accommodations are not automatically provided for students and professors are unable to provide accommodations without receipt of this letter.  Accommodation Letters must be provided each semester to each professor in whose class the student wishes to receive accommodations.  Please note that accommodations are not retroactive.