Skip to Top NavigationSkip to Utility NavigationSkip to SearchSkip to Left NavigationSkip to Content
Mobile Menu

Application process

How to apply: 

  1. To apply for on-campus housing, please make your enrollment admission deposit here using your case-sensitive ID and PIN sent via email or text message. Once you indicate that you wish to live on campus, your deposit will secure your housing. 

    After you have deposited, you will receive a welcome email with your Orientation date, University of Hartford email address, student ID, and password.   

  2. Next, please fill out a housing application by logging into the Self-Service Center using your University of Harford ID and password. After you log in, click on the Student tab at the top left side of the page, then on Residential Life. This will take you to the housing portal, where you can fill out and submit your housing application.

  3. Deadlines: Please note there is not a specific deadline for completing the housing application, but assignments begin as early as May. If you are applying for Hawk Hall, the deadline for this application was May 5, 2017. Hawk Hall applications also require an essay about why you want to join a specific residential learning community. 

If you have any issues logging into Self-Service Center, please contact Student Administrative Services Center (SASC) at 860.768.4999 or

What are the requirements to apply for housing? 

  • New students must be accepted by the Office of Admissions and Student Financial Assistance at the University of Hartford.
  • Students must maintain full-time status, carrying at least 12 credit hours per semester.
  • Students must be compliant with State of Connecticut meningococcal meningitis regulations prior to moving into their assigned housing

Am I guaranteed housing?  

  • Your housing deposit reserves a space in University housing but we cannot guarantee you a space in Hawk Hall.
  • Applicants who submit deposits after University housing is filled to capacity will be placed on a wait list in the order deposits are received. If residence halls are filled, we reserve the right to place students temporarily in overflow accommodations until regular space is available. 

What else should I know? 

  • All assignments are completed on a first-come, first-served basis
  • Housing accommodations are assigned for the full academic year (September to May), excluding vacation periods

If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Residential Life at 860.768.7792 or email us at