Most of the 1,700 graduate students enrolled at the University of Hartford secure housing off campus in the surrounding communities. A small number of graduate students choose to live in University-owned apartment communities.
The Asylum Avenue Campus (AAC) community for graduate students comprises 13 townhouses. They are located in a quiet residential area in the west end of Hartford on Asylum Avenue. Modernized, furnished townhouses are shared by two graduate students.
Each graduate student
- has a private bedroom and a private office/study
- has a shared living room, kitchen, and bathroom(s)
- has heat, hot water, electricity, cable, Internet
- qualifies for the commuter rate for a parking pass
Interested graduate students should submit a $150 housing deposit; contact Student Administrative Service Center at 860.768.4999 to apply the $150 payment as your housing deposit. After 24 hours have passed, go to the Self-Service Center to submit a housing application.
- New graduate students follow the new student application process. Current graduate students follow the housing selection process.
- Housing for graduate students is based on availability.
- The cost of summer housing for new graduate students who will be living in AAC in the fall academic year is $1,500. This cost covers June and July.
- Summer housing charges will be posted on your student account on your check-in date.
- Summer housing charges are not prorated.
- The cost of graduate housing per semester is $3,750. This cost covers August through May.