Spring Fling Safety
KEEP YOUR UNIVERSITY OF HARTFORD ID ON YOU. Do not remove your wristband.
Get home safely
- Use a designated driver
- Stay with your friends. Remember, “We come together, we leave together”
- Never leave a friend alone
Signs of Alcohol Poisoning:
- Slowed breathing (<10 breaths/minute)
- Eyes roll back into head
- Vomiting while unconscious
- Slowed heart rate
- Skin color change
If an individual is vomiting, turn him or her on his or her side to prevent choking on vomit
CALL PUBLIC SAFETY IMMEDIATELY IF YOU SUSPECT ALCOHOL POISONING
- Always keep your drink in sight
- Alternate between alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to prevent alcohol poisoning
- Load up on carbs and protein before going out.
- Wear covered shoes, not flip flops or sandals (flip flops and broken glass don’t mix)
- Don’t carry large amounts of cash.
- Always lock your door when leaving your dorm or apartment and keep your keys with you.
- Bottles and cans are not allowed outside. Please leave backpacks in your room.
Come Check out the Pre-Spring Fling Safety & Awareness Hoopla
For registration information and Spring Fling policies, visit https://www.hartford.edu/student_affairs/departments/student_activities/spring_fling/default.aspx