Skip to Top NavigationSkip to Utility NavigationSkip to SearchSkip to Left NavigationSkip to Content
Mobile Menu

About OSP

Welcome to the University of Hartford's Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP). We are located in room 113A of Auerbach Hall.

Our mission is to provide assistance to principal investigators in securing/obtaining and managing awards while assuring proper stewardship of those funds. OSP researches and disseminates information on potential funding opportunities, helps with the application process, ensures compliance with university and funder requirements, including federal mandates and university policies, and provides post-award coordination.

OSP reports to the office of the Provost and is the initial point of contact for faculty and staff seeking external funding for their research. We are also the lead office on campus for grant oversight, working closely with Financial Accounting Services, which oversees post-award financial reporting.

All grant, cooperative agreement and contract proposals must go through OSP in order to have University legal and administrative support.

Sources of Funding

Public Funding

The Office of Sponsored Research (OSP) is the initial point of contact for faculty and staff seeking grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts to support research and scholarship. It is the lead office on campus for proposal development in the public sector and managing federal and state post-award compliance issues.

Private Funding

The office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) reports to the office of Institutional Advancement. It seeks to establish strategic partnerships with corporations and private foundations to create mutually beneficial relationships. Typically, corporate donors seek partnerships with higher education/universities where there is an opportunity to build on complementary strengths and needs in recruitment, hiring, scholarships for students, internships, faculty and industry collaborations, research, lecturing opportunities, and sponsorship of activities.

Not Sure Which Office You Need?

Please visit the External Funding page for guidance about the relationship between the two offices and information to help you make an initial contact.