Skip to Top NavigationSkip to Utility NavigationSkip to SearchSkip to Left NavigationSkip to Content
Mobile Menu

Inviting Family and Friends to Visit

If you wish to invite family members, other than your spouse or child, to visit the United States for a short time on a B-2 visitor visa, you should provide them with the following:

  • A personal invitation letter, which should include your name, school, relationship to the applicant, name of applicant, applicant’s place and date of birth, dates expected to visit the United States, duration of visit, preferred arrival date, and whether you will provide financial support for the applicant’s visit. .
  • A University of Hartford  “Invitation Letter” from the International Center
  • Copies of your I-20 or DS-2019, identifying pages of your passport, US visa stamp, and I-94 Arrival Record.
  • Copies of your proof of financial support, such as bank statements, University of Hartford assistantship letters, and/or personal bank statements if you stated that you would provide financial support for the applicant during his/her stay in the U.S.