Skip to Top NavigationSkip to Utility NavigationSkip to SearchSkip to Left NavigationSkip to Content
Mobile Menu

Frequently Asked Questions

Prospective Graduate Students

Questions related to the admissions process for prospective students.

I am currently a University of Hartford student. Do I need to request a University of Hartford transcript and pay the transcript request fee?

No, we will order your transcript and waive the fee for you, this typically takes one business week to be added to your file.

Where do I send my official transcipt?

If your transcipt is being sent by mail, it can be mailed to:

Graduate Admission, 2nd Floor, Suite 231
University of Hartford
200 Bloomfield Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117, USA

We also accept official electronic transcripts. If your prior college institution offers an electronic transcript service, you can often save time as opposed to mail. If you request an electronic transcript, please use the school code 3436.

Please note that University of Hartford does not accept unofficial transcripts. The transcript must be sent directly from your prior college institution to University of Hartford in a sealed envelope or through an official electronic source, such as National ClearingHouse, E-Script, or Parchment.

I forgot my Login ID and PIN for my application, what do I do?

If you are locked out of your account due to multiple attempts or you forgot your PIN, please call either email or call Graduate Admissions at (860) 768-4371 or toll-free 1-800-945-0712 for help.

How much does it cost to attend University of Hartford?

Cost of attendance relies upon many different variables. The cost of attendance does not depend on state of residency. Please visit our Tuition and Fees section for detailed cost information.

What housing options does the University of Hartford offer for graduate students?

Most of the 1,700 graduate students enrolled at the University of Hartford secure housing off campus in the surrounding communities. A small number of graduate students choose to live in University-owned apartment communities. The Asylum Avenue Campus (AAC) community for graduate students comprises 13 townhouses. They are located in a quiet residential area in the west end of Hartford on Asylum Avenue and are each shared by two graduate students. For more information about how to apply for AAC, please click here.

Accepted/Enrolled Graduate Students

Questions for students who have been accepted into one of our graduate programs, and need help getting started.

What is a tuition deposit, and do I need to pay it?

All accepted student must pay a $300 non-refundable tuition deposit. When you pay the tuition deposit you reserve your spot in the program. You can pay your tuition deposit here.

How do I register for classes?

You should contact a representative from your program.  Most first time registrations are completed with a paper form that your advisor will complete and submit to the Student Academic Service Center (SASC).  Online registration is available with prior approval and a personal identification number (PIN) provided by your advisor. If you have your PIN, you can proceed to the Student Self-Service Center to register.