Skip to Top NavigationSkip to Utility NavigationSkip to SearchSkip to Left NavigationSkip to Content
Mobile Menu

Financial Assistance

Student Financial Assistance

Student financial assistance for graduate and professional students is administered through the Office of Admission and Student Financial Assistance. The University of Hartford offers student loans through the Direct Lending program and alternative loan programs. Students must meet all eligibility requirements as established by the U.S. Department of Education.

Domestic graduate students may qualify for Federal Family Education Loans and must satisfy three requirements in order to be eligible for financial aid:

  • File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the academic year and meet all eligibility requirements established by the U.S. Department of Education.
  • Be matriculated into a graduate degree-granting program (not conditionally accepted).
  • Be registered for at least six credits per semester.

For more information call 800.947.4303 or 860.768.4296, email or visit


A limited amount of graduate scholarships are available for new incoming graduate students and existing University of Hartford graduate students. New incoming graduate students must email their program director to inquire about scholarship availability and the application process.

Existing University of Hartford graduate students should visit the Dean of Graduate Studies website for information on how to apply for the Regent's Graduate Honor Award, Graduate Professional Travel Grants and Graduate Presidential Fellowships.


If you work with one of our corporate partners you may qualify for a 10% tuition discount and an application fee waiver. Visit the below websites for directions and contact information:


Some graduate programs may offer tuition scholarships and graduate assistantships to entering and returning students on a student-funds available basis. For more information about the availability of graduate assistantships and application deadlines please contact your program directly. Please note: assistantships, fellowships, or other support a student receives as a result of his or her enrollment may have an impact on Federal Stafford Loan eligibility.

Veteran's Benefits

Veterans of the United States military, their spouses, and dependents are often eligible for educational funding through the Montgomery G.I. Bill (Chapter 30), the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill (Chapter 33), the Survivors’ and Dependents’ Education Assistance Bill (Chapter 35), and other programs sponsored by the Veterans Administration (VA). Details about Veteran's benefits at the University of Hartford can be found here.  Graduate Admissions will waive the $300/$500 tuition deposit for all eligible veterans, please email to obtain the tuition deposit waiver form once accepted into a graduate program.