Skip to Top NavigationSkip to Utility NavigationSkip to SearchSkip to Left NavigationSkip to Content
Mobile Menu

Forms and ID

Part-time Faculty Forms

All part-time faculty are required to complete, and have on file, the forms listed below.  Continuing faculty members (teaching consecutive semesters with less than a three-year break in service) will only need to sign the teaching contract issued by the college or department. Otherwise the following forms need to be completed:

Academic Forms and Services

The Academic Performance Warning (formerly Mid-Semester Warning) is available for use after the first full week of classes each semester. It is initiated by an instructor online and automatically informs the student, advisor, dean's office, and Student Success Center via email of a problem a student is having with a particular course. Two areas that are reported using the Academic Performance Warning (APW) system are performance feedback and attendance. When students are not performing well or not attending regularly, report it via the online Academic Performance Warning system. You will be able to access APW as a menu option in the self-service system off of the main University webpage

University ID Card

Part-time faculty members will receive a copy of their contract from their dean's office, which can be taken to the ID Office to receive their identification (ID) card. ID cards are issued at the ID Office located in Room 135 in the Gengras Student Union. It is recommended that part-time faculty call 768.5343 ahead of time to verify that the necessary ID number has been generated.

The hours of operation for the ID Office during the academic year are:

  • Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., 

  • Friday  9 a.m.- 3 p.m.
    Future validation stickers will be available through the department in which part-time faculty teach.

Using the Self-Service Center

The self-service center is part of the University of Hartford website where you need access in order to get a parking permit, enter grades, and perform other functions. It also has a lot of valuable information.

  • To access the University of Hartford self-service center, you must enter a valid University ID and PIN (Personal Identification Number).

  • Your 8-digit assigned University ID number is found on your University of Hartford ID card.

PIN: Your Personal Identification Number

  • You will need to contact the ITS Helpdesk, x5999 or, to get your initial PIN. PLEASE NOTE: A valid University of Hartford email is required for continued access to the SSC.

  • You will then be required to create a security question and answer to be used in the event that you cannot remember your PIN.

  • Your security question should be created carefully and be a question only you can answer. Your answer must be at least five characters long, and is case sensitive.

  • Your PIN must be a minimum of eight and a maximum of fifteen alpha/numeric characters. It must contain at least one number and one letter.

  • Your PIN will expire every ninety days. When prompted, you will be required to create a completely different PIN.  A PIN may not be reused for a period of 180 days.