Pre-Chiropractic Health Science
Applicants to the Health Science Pre-Chiropractic articulation program between the University of Hartford (UH) and New York Chiropractic College (NYCC) must be academically outstanding students with a strong realistic motivation towards the chiropractic profession.
Acceptance to the program will normally require a student to:
- Maintain at least a B average overall and in the sciences during the first three years of high school.
- Rank in the upper twenty percent of their high school class.
- Obtain a combined score of at least 1000 (Verbal and Math) on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
To be eligible for admission to the New York Chiropractic College (NYCC), a student must meet the following criteria:
- Send a letter of intent to NYCC upon matriculation at the University of Hartford (UH).
- Complete at least ninety (90) credits of coursework, including all necessary prerequisites, at the University of Hartford by the end of the third year at UH.
- Achieve a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.25 overall, with a minimum grade of C in all required courses.
- Submit an application for admission to NYCC at the beginning of the final year of pre-professional studies at UH.
- Obtain a recommendation for admission to NYCC from the Health Science, pre-chiropractic advisor.
- Complete all application procedures including a satisfactory interview with members of the Admissions Committee at NYCC.
Contact the Office of Admission and Financial Aid: