A blizzard warning goes into effect for our area this evening and Connecticut has issued a statewide travel ban starting at 9 p.m. The University is now closed as of 3 p.m. today and will be closed all day tomorrow, Tuesday, Jan. 27. Day and evening classes are canceled through tomorrow. An updated advisory on the status of classes and operations for Wednesday will be posted Tuesday evening. During the time that the University is closed, the Commons, Subway, and Village Market will maintain regular hours for residential dining services and the Sports Center will be open for use by residential students only. Gengras Student Union and University Libraries will be closed. snow closing guide
All Hartt Community Division activities through tomorrow are canceled.
current as of 3:05 p.m., Jan. 26, 2015
RN to BSN Program
You may apply online or download an application to be completed and mailed in to the University of Hartford. Applications may be submitted at any time during the year and you may begin study in the fall, spring, or summer.
Steps to Admission to the University of Hartford - RN to BSN Program
1. RN to BSN Group Informational Open House: You are invited to attend an RN to BSN Group Informational Open House. Reservations are not necessary for these general information sessions. If no sessions are scheduled, contact Kim Groot at 860.768.5408 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. On-line Application: Apply online (for free) to the RN to BSN nursing program as a part-time student. Request official transcripts from all colleges you have attended, and ask the issuing institution to send official transcripts to:
University of Hartford
200 Bloomfield Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117
Note: If you have transcripts that may be under a prior name(s), ask the college or university sending the transcript to include your current name. If you believe a transcript may have been sent to our Office of Admissions without your current name on it, please notify the transfer counselor in the admissions office. This will facilitate the processing of your application. Email: email@example.com or call 860.768.4296.
3. Formal Admission to RN to BSN Program: When the admissions process is complete, you will receive a sealed postcard in the mail from the University of Hartford. It will have your new student ID and email address. In a separate mailing you will receive an “equivalency report” listing the names of general education courses that have transferred into the University of Hartford. Save your equivalency report and bring it with you to your program planning session.
4. Download your University of Hartford Transcript: Once you are admitted and have a student ID, log on to the online Student Self Service Center to access your University of Hartford transcript. Check the transcript to make sure that all of the courses you have taken transferred in and that there are no courses missing. Your nursing prerequisite courses and the nursing courses from your ADN program will appear as a 60 credit block on the University of Hartford transcript. If there are missing courses contact University of Hartford Admissions Office at admission@Hartford.edu, 860-768-4296.
5. Attend an RN to BSN Program Planning Session: After you are admitted you will receive a letter inviting you to attend an RN to BSN Program Planning Session with a transfer counselor. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a program planning session. Bring your equivalency report and a copy of your University of Hartford transcript with you to the meeting. The equivalency report is important because it shows which courses have been designated for transfer into the university. The transfer counselor will map out several different program plans and allow you to choose the one that best fits your lifestyle needs.
6. Complete the Required Health Documentation Forms here.
7. Obtain a University of Hartford ID at the ID office in the basement of Gengras Student Union. More information
8. Register for Classes: The first time you take classes you will need to obtain a signature to register from the transfer counselor or a nursing faculty member. Once you begin taking classes and are matriculated in to the program you will be able to register online with a PIN number provided by your faculty advisor.
9. Purchase Books at the University of Hartford Bookstore. Online ordering is convenient here.