Public Health Nursing Admissions
Nursing - Public Health
Applications are accepted throughout the year. However, you are best served by submitting your application by the following priority filing dates: April 15 (to begin in summer or fall) and November 15 (to begin in spring).
Graduate admission requirements for the Master of Science in Nursing are:
- Completed application form to include professional goals' statement and resume
- Appropriate educational preparation: Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from a program accredited by NLNAC or CCNE
- Undergraduate gpa of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or completion of 6 credits at the graduate level with an average of at least a 3.3 (B+)
- Current licensure or eligibility for licensure as a registered nurse (RN) in the State of Connecticut
- Two letters of recommendation: professional or educational
- Transcripts from all undergraduate colleges including diploma school of nursing if applicable. If you& have taken a graduate-level course you would like to have considered for transfer, please request a course description as well.
- At least one year of full-time clinical practice