Utility NavTop NavContentLeft NavSite SearchSite SearchSite Search


Transferring into the Early Childhood Education Program

To transfer into a teacher education program as a college junior (48 credits or more), you must show evidence of having taken the SAT, ACT, or the Praxis Core. In addition, you must have obtained a minimum of a 3.0 (B) grade point average (GPA) in your previous coursework. Your ability to complete the program in two calendar years will depend on the specific courses required and your flexibility regarding summer coursework. Once admitted you must immediately complete the Professional Program Application. We would be happy to review your records and map out a sample plan of study. Please contact the office coordinator in the Department of Education to be directed to the appropriate faculty member.

Silvia Baptista
Office Coordinator
Department of Education
College of Education, Nursing and Health Professions

You may also contact the University of Hartford admission counselor responsible for reviewing transfer applications for the College of Education, Nursing and Health Professions. Transfer Website