More Campus News
- WELFund Welcomes New Team Members
- Paying Tribute to the Victims of Sandy Hook
- Exemplary Student Work Wanted for 2014 Undergraduate Colloquium
- Winter Weather Safety Tips
Hot Off the Press!
Wyman, assistant professor of cinema in the College of Arts and Sciences, creates thought-provoking documentaries about people who challenge traditional notions of body image and gender identity.
The new issue also features:
- An interview with Woody Doane, associate professor of sociology at Hillyer College, about the book he co-edited, White Out: The Continuing Significance of Racism. Doane was interviewed by Darryl McMiller, assistant professor of political science at Hillyer.
- A critique of the media’s coverage of the war in Iraq by Matthew Silver, the 2004-05 Greater Hartford Jewish Federation and Maurice Greenberg Center Visiting Professor in Judaic Studies.
- A profile of alumna Kathy Behrens ’85, senior vice president for community relations at the National Basketball Association (NBA).
- An article about a Hartford hair salon owner and a Barney School of Business student who were brought together through the university’s Micro Business Incubator (MBI) program. The brainchild of Associate Professor of Marketing Margery Steinberg, MBI pairs Barney students with small business owners in Hartford’s Upper Albany neighborhood.