- Sawruk Publishes Article About CETA's Work in Afghanistan
- Gannotti Has a Busy Year
- Bond Publishes Article in General Music Today
- A Busy Summer and Fall for Gould
Accolades: Laurence I. Gould
Professor of Physics Laurence I. Gould has had a couple of busy years that have included a number of articles and invited talks in the U.S. and Europe.
- Gould has completed an article, "Issues in Science and Religion: A Critical Evaluation," which will be published in Science, Religion, and Society: History, Culture, and Controversy, edited by Gary Laderman and Arri Eisen (W.E. Sharpe, N.Y.). The article was solicited by the publisher as a result of an invited talk given at Vassar College.
- Gould's paper, "Seeing Science Through Symmetry," appeared in Symmetries in Science XI, edited by Bruno J. Gruber, Giuseppe Marmo, and Naotaka Yoshinaga (Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 2004), pp. 227-238. The work was based on an invited talk given in Bregenz, Austria (July 2003).
- Gould was co-organizer of the Joint Fall Meeting of the New England Sections of the American Physical Society (and American Association of Physics Teachers) at Pratt & Whitney in East Hartford, Conn., (Oct. 22-23, 2004) and chair of the plenary speakers session (Oct. 22). He also was a recent co-editor of the Newsletter of the New England Section of the American Physical Society [Vol. 11, Number 24 (Spring 2005)].
- Gould gave a talk on his "Research Activity in Computational Physics" for the Caltech/Jet Propulsion Laboratory's Ultracomputing Group, at the request of the Group's director (June 2004; NASA-JPL, Pasadena, Calif.).
- Gould was chair of the New England Section of the American Physical Society (2004-2005) and is Vice Chair (2005 - 2006). In addition to those offices, Gould is currently chairman of the Executive Board of the International Symmetry Association (based in Budapest, Hungary).
- Gould's biography is scheduled to appear (October 2005) in the 60th Diamond Edition of Who's Who in America.