- Volunteers Needed for Midnight Breakfast
- Stuff a Public Safety Cruiser with Toys on Dec. 11!
- EAP Newsletter: The Facts About Drinking and Driving
- December Issue of Live Well, Work Well — Taking the Stress Out of Holiday Shopping, and More
Reminder: Open Enrollment Deadline is Friday
Personalized open enrollment packets for calendar year 2014 group medical, dental and life insurance as well as flexible spending accounts (FSAs) and health savings accounts (HSAs) options were distributed to all departments and colleges on Sept. 30, 2013. Detailed information as it relates to this year’s open enrollment was included in the letter contained in this packet.
Please complete both sides of your personalized Open Enrollment Request Form to indicate your intentions for calendar year 2014 benefit elections. This form must be returned to HRD no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 1.
Please note: Beginning this fall, all open enrollment materials for benefit elections for the following calendar year MUST BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED to HRD no later than 4:30 p.m. on the designated due date.
• If HRD does not receive all completed open enrollment paperwork by the due date, current calendar year 2013 medical, dental and/or optional life insurance elections will automatically be continued for calendar year 2014 and cannot be revoked or changed during the plan year unless you have a qualifying event (such as marriage, divorce, birth or adoption of child, or termination of coverage under a spouse’s plan).
• Participation in the PureWellness voluntary wellness program, a health care FSA, a dependent care FSA or an HSA will not automatically default to your 2013 elections; therefore, you will be required to complete and submit the appropriate form(s) for enrollment in these accounts.
In an effort to conserve resources, all applicable open enrollment information and forms are available by clicking the red Open Enrollment button on the front page of the HRD website at www.hartford.edu/hrd.
Your cooperation in returning all appropriate and completed forms by this Friday’s deadline is greatly appreciated.