- United Way Campaign Extended to Dec. 13 — Help Us Reach Our Goal!
- Stuff a Public Safety Cruiser with Toys on Wednesday!
- EAP Newsletter: The Facts About Drinking and Driving
- December Issue of Live Well, Work Well — Taking the Stress Out of Holiday Shopping, and More
United Way Campaign Needs Your Support
With a little over a month to go, the University of Hartford’s United Way campaign has raised $11,388, bringing it almost halfway to its overall goal of $25,000.
The campaign began on Oct. 1, and will end on Nov. 30. To date, 5 percent of University employees have contributed to the campaign.
The needs of our neighboring communities continue to be great, and all faculty and staff are encouraged to support the United Way campaign in whatever way they can.
There are two ways to donate to the campaign: electronically, or using a paper pledge form. All University employees should have received a paper pledge form, as well as an email from United Way with detailed instructions for making online donations. Please remember, each person gets a password from United Way that is unique to them.
If you did not receive a paper pledge form or if you accidentally deleted the email with instructions for making online donations, please call the President’s Office at ext. 4417 or ext. 4418, or contact Lynn Galvin at ext. 4250.
As in the past, there will be a prize drawing for those who participate in the campaign. For giving at any level, there will be a drawing for the following prizes:
• Gift Certificate to the Follett Book Store
• Gift Certificate to the 1877 Club
• Two tickets to any show during the 2013-14 season at Hartford Stage
• Two T-shirts and tickets to either Men’s or Women’s Basketball (VIP Section) during the 2013-14 season
• Free parking for next year on campus (2014-15)
• A $25 gift card to be used to purchase work at the annual Ceramics Department Clay Club sale in December from the Hartford Art School
• A visit from Hawkapella (singing message) arranged through Sue Landolina in Career Services
• Garmany Music Dinner and Performance package for two from The Hartt School
• A family four pack of tickets to any performance by The Hartt School
In addition, the Purchasing Department has donated an iPad and a Hewlett Packard Wireless Printer. Any participant who makes a donation of $50 or more will be eligible to win this prize. Only one prize per person will be awarded.