More Campus News
- Fall Commencement to Take Place Sunday
- Hartt Dance Student to Appear at The Bushnell This Weekend
- Renowned Vocalists Patricia Schuman and David Pittsinger to Teach Master Class
- HAS Holiday Ceramics Sale – Opening Reception Saturday
Come to Hawktober Weekend!
Reunions, music and art, sports, a 5K run/walk, and shows by alumni band Bronze Radio Return and comedian Paula Poundstone are among the wide range of events scheduled for Hawktober Weekend, Oct. 18–20.
Hawktober Weekend, which combines Homecoming and Parents Weekend, will consist of three activity-packed days on campus. Alumni, parents, and all members of the University community are encouraged to bring their friends and families, and take part in the festivities!
See the complete schedule of activities for Hawktober Weekend.
Following are some of the many highlights of Hawktober Weekend. To register for these and other Hawktober Weekend events, click here.
– A free concert by alumni band Bronze Radio Return (Friday, Oct. 18, 7:30 p.m., Liberty Mutual Tent on the Campus Green)
– A Saturday night comedy show featuring comedian Paula Poundstone (Saturday, Oct. 19, 9 p.m., Lincoln Theater. Buy tickets.)
– An alumni reception on Friday evening in Gengras Student Union (6:30 to 8 p.m.)
– The presentation of the Alumni Anchor Awards, celebrating the professional achievements of some of the University's best and brightest alumni (Saturday, Oct. 19, 3 to 4:45 p.m., Wilde Auditorium)
– A 5K run/walk, with proceeds benefiting the Hartford cross country and track and field teams (Sunday, Oct. 20, starting at 9 a.m. in front of the Sports Center)
– The Hartford Art School Juried Alumni Exhibition in the Silpe Gallery
– The Hog River Arts Festival, featuring hand-crafted jewelry, photography, decorative arts and much more (Saturday, 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
– A wide range of athletics events, including men's and women's basketball open practices and Q&As with the coaches; alumni games in softball, lacrosse, baseball and soccer; a men's soccer game with a special Hawktoberfest tailgate menu; and a women's soccer game and post-game barbecue.
– A Saturday afternoon barbecue on the Gengras Lawn; a Sunday jazz brunch; a wide range of reunions, receptions, and open houses; and much more!