- EAP Newsletter: The Facts About Drinking and Driving
- December Issue of Live Well, Work Well — Taking the Stress Out of Holiday Shopping, and More
- Student Alumni Association Collecting Canned Food on Dec. 10
- Volunteers Needed for Midnight Breakfast
Open Enrollment Packets Distributed, Town Hall Meetings Scheduled
Personalized open enrollment packets for calendar year 2014 group medical, dental and life insurance as well as flexible spending accounts (FSAs) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) have been distributed to all departments and colleges. Detailed information as it relates to this year’s open enrollment is included in the letter contained in the packet.
Please complete both sides of your personalized Open Enrollment Request Form to indicate your intentions for calendar year 2014 benefit elections. This form must be returned to HRD no later than Friday, Nov. 1, 2013.
* CRITICAL ANNOUNCEMENT * Beginning this fall, all open enrollment materials for benefit elections for the following calendar year MUST BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED to HRD no later than 4:30 p.m. on the designated due date.
– If HRD does not receive all completed open enrollment paperwork by the due date, current calendar year 2013 medical, dental and/or optional life insurance elections will automatically be continued for calendar year 2014 and cannot be revoked or changed during the plan year unless you have a qualifying event (such as marriage, divorce, birth or adoption of child, or termination of coverage under a spouse’s plan).
– Participation in a health care flexible spending account, dependent care flexible spending account, or health savings account will not automatically default to your 2013 elections; therefore, you will be required to complete and submit a Participation and Salary Reduction Agreement Form for enrollment in these accounts.
In an effort to conserve resources, all applicable open enrollment information is now available by clicking the red Open Enrollment link on the front page of the HRD website at www.hartford.edu/hrd.
HRD will also be hosting the following meetings:
Benefits Fairs (GSU Suisman Lounge)
• Wednesday, October 9, from 11:30am – 1:00pm
• Thursday, October 10, from 11:30am – 1:00pm
PureWellness Town Hall meetings (KF Room in the Mortensen Library)
• Wednesday, October 9, from 1:30-2:15pm
• Thursday, October 10, from 10-11:00am
Open Enrollment Plan Options Town Hall meetings (KF Room in the Mortensen Library)
• Tuesday, October 15, from 9-10:15am
• Thursday, October 24, from 12:15-1:30pm
HRD Benefits Review workshops (KF Room in the Mortensen Library)
• Wednesday, October 16, from 9-11:00am
• Tuesday, October 22, from 1-3:00pm
You are strongly encouraged to attend any meetings which are applicable to you to learn more about the subject matter and ask any questions that you may have.
If you have any questions or have not yet received your 2014 Open Enrollment packet, please contact your designated HR Service Partner immediately.