- Volunteers Needed for Midnight Breakfast
- Stuff a Public Safety Cruiser with Toys on Dec. 11!
- EAP Newsletter: The Facts About Drinking and Driving
- December Issue of Live Well, Work Well — Taking the Stress Out of Holiday Shopping, and More
United Way Campaign Begins Tuesday
The following is a message to faculty and staff from President Walter Harrison.
I write to announce the kickoff of the University’s annual campaign for United Way. As they are every year, the needs of our communities continue to be great. I urge each of us to do what we can to support our community.
This year, like last, we will be conducting our campaign two ways: electronically, with the help and support of United Way, Information Technology Services and the Payroll Department, and with paper pledge forms distributed across campus by campaign volunteers. Paper pledge forms will be sent out tomorrow (Oct. 1); if you don't receive one, please contact my office and we will be happy to send one to you.
We will begin our campaign on Tuesday, Oct. 1, and the site will remain open through Nov. 30. Please check your email account for detailed instructions for making online donations. Please remember, each person gets a password from United Way that is unique to them. These emails will be sent by United Way tomorrow (Oct. 1). If you delete the email, please let my staff know and we will have one re-sent to you.
Almost every area of campus has a campaign volunteer, but if you don’t know how to reach someone for help, please contact Lynn Galvin at ext. 4250, or my office at ext. 4417 or ext. 4418. We will be happy be to assist you.
As in the past, we will have a prize drawing for those who participate in the campaign. For giving at any level, we will have a drawing for the following prizes:
• Gift Certificate to the Follett Book Store
• Gift Certificate to the 1877 Club
• Two tickets to any show during the 2013-2014 season at Hartford Stage
• Two T-shirts and tickets to either Men’s or Women’s Basketball (VIP Section) during the 2013-2014 season
• Free parking for next year on campus (2014-2015)
• Garmany Music Dinner and Performance package for two from The Hartt School
• A family four pack of tickets to any performance by The Hartt School
In addition, the Purchasing Department has donated an iPad and a Hewlett Packard Wireless Printer. Any participant who makes a donation of $50 or more will be eligible to win this prize. Only one prize per person will be awarded.
We are striving to get as many people to participate in the campaign this year as possible, regardless of the amount of the donation. Stay posted for more information about this and other campaign updates.
I know with everyone’s help we can have another successful campaign in 2013.