More News for Students
- It's Snowing. How Do I Find Out If Classes Are Canceled?
- Winter Weather Safety Tips
- Exemplary Student Work Wanted for 2014 Undergraduate Colloquium
- Recycling Event on the Village Lawn Sunday
Get to Know the New Shuttle Bus Schedules and Routes
You may have noticed that the campus shuttle bus schedules and routes have changed this semester.
That’s because the University has brought the shuttle bus operations in-house instead of contracting with an outside company to run the buses, thereby saving a significant amount of money.
This has resulted in several changes to campus shuttle bus service:
• Shuttle bus service now ends at 11 p.m. A ridership study conducted over the past year found that ridership levels were very low during certain time periods, particularly after 11 p.m. and before 8:30 a.m. (Please note that Public Safety will provide transportation and/or escorts if needed for safety reasons after 11 p.m., but they do not provide shuttle service.)
• The on-campus shuttle bus no longer picks up and drops off passengers in the parking lots – all bus stops are on the main campus road, making the route more streamlined and efficient. See a map showing bus stops for the on-campus shuttle.
• Instead of having an A-Line and a B-Line, the bus routes are now designated by a simple color code system.
Please note that the weekend shopping shuttle service has not changed.
Here’s how the new, color-coded shuttle routes work:
• The Red Line provides on-campus service Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. The shuttle begins at Millard Circle (in front of The Hartt School) and makes stops at Auerbach Hall, Dana/ISET, the Commons, Regents Park, the Village Apartments and Lincoln Theater. It takes approximately 15 minutes for the shuttle to make its circle around campus.
See the schedule for the Red Line.
• The Green Line is the off-campus shuttle, providing service to the Handel Performing Arts Center, the Asylum Avenue Campus, and several popular off-campus residential areas, as well as the University High School of Science and Engineering (UHSSE). On weekdays, the Green Line makes its first stop at 7:23 a.m. and runs until 3:15 p.m.
See the Green Line weekday schedule.
See the Green Line schedule for Saturdays and Sundays.
• The Yellow Line provides late afternoon and evening shuttle service both on and off-campus. The Yellow Line runs Monday through Friday between 3:30 and 11 p.m., alternating between the main campus loop road and off-campus routes, including the Handel Performing Arts Center.
See the schedule for the Yellow Line.
If you have any questions about the new shuttle bus schedules and routes, please call Facilities at 860.768.7925.