- Accounts Payable Holiday Check Run Schedule
- Wanted: Students, Faculty, and Staff to Collaborate on International Week Events
- Volunteers Needed for Midnight Breakfast
- 1877 Club Holiday Buffet
HRD Working to Correct Overcharge on Generic Drug Co-pays
The office of Human Resources Development (HRD) and Constitution Advisory Group have been working diligently with United HealthCare to correct a problem involving our medical insurance prescription drug program.
The problem involves the generic drug co-pay obligation that United HealthCare has assessed members since April 1, 2013. Those members enrolled in the Point of Service plan who have received a generic drug through a retail pharmacy have incorrectly been charged a $20 co-pay instead of the correct plan co-pay obligation of $10. Members receiving their generic medications through the mail order drug program have been incorrectly charged a $40 co-pay instead of the correct plan co-pay obligation of $20.
Please note that this problem is confined only to members who receive generic medications on the plan. United Healthcare has confirmed that brand name prescriptions are being processed at the correct cost sharing percentage.
HRD and Constitution Advisory Group are working with United HealthCare to secure a firm date as to when this problem will be resolved. In the meantime, we have taken the following steps to alleviate any member inconvenience:
• Once the problem has been fixed, United HealthCare will audit claims on all affected member accounts and generate a reimbursement to those charged the incorrect co-pay.
• Those members who are scheduled to pick up generic medications at the retail or mail order pharmacy level are encouraged to call Andrea Faber at Constitution Advisory Group. Faber will work with United HealthCare to process a claim override in United HealthCare’s system that will result in the member paying the correct generic co-pay – $10 for retail or $20 for mail order medications. Faber can be reached at 860.882.1112.
Thank you for your patience as we work together to address and correct this issue.