More Campus News
- Fall Commencement to Take Place Sunday
- Hartt Dance Student to Appear at The Bushnell This Weekend
- Renowned Vocalists Patricia Schuman and David Pittsinger to Teach Master Class
- HAS Holiday Ceramics Sale, Dec. 7–12
Engineering Students Inducted into Eta Kappa Nu
On Thursday, May 2, six senior and junior electrical and computer engineering students were inducted into the Iota Epsilon Chapter of Eta Kappa Nu, the honorary society for electrical and computer engineering.
The students were chosen in accordance with Eta Kappa Nu requirements based upon their grade point averages and standing within their classes.
The new Eta Kappa Nu members and their hometowns are:
– Mohammed A. Alabbad '13, Dammam, Saudi Arabia
– Brenden Demanche '13, Avon, Conn.
– Robert Hilton '14, East Hampton, Conn.
– Shanique Jiles '14, Jamaica, N.Y.
– Stephen Sheak '13, Harwinton, Conn.
– Timothy Zimmerman '14, Bristol, Conn.
The induction ceremony was conducted by Professor Ladimer Nagurney, Chapter Advisor, Professor Patricia Mellodge, and University of Hartford students Ferdinand Aliaj '13 and Michael Jennings '13, who had been inducted as juniors.
Eta Kappa Nu was founded at the University of Illinois in 1904 and currently has over 200 chapters. The University of Hartford chapter was founded in 1984.