More News for Students
- Sheff to Speak at Fall Commencement
- Apply Now to Become an RFA!
- Apply for 'Express to Success' Spring Break Mentoring Program
- Schedule Your Final Exams at Learning Plus -- Friday Deadline!
Important Info About Campus Access Thursday Through Sunday
The following is a message from Public Safety.
The University’s annual Spring Fling Weekend is scheduled for Thursday, April 18, through Saturday, April 20. The popularity of the scheduled performers combined with a number of other events necessitates that changes be made that will impact access to campus and will probably create traffic congestion on Bloomfield Avenue.
• On Thursday, April 18, beginning at noon, the University’s north gate and the Mark Twain Drive gate will be closed. Only the main entrance with the traffic light will be open for entering and exiting the campus until Sunday morning, April 21.
• Beginning Thursday, April 18 at noon, and continuing throughout the weekend, all vehicles entering campus will pass through a security checkpoint. This will most likely cause traffic backups and delays. Please plan your travel time to and from campus accordingly.
• Anyone entering campus should be prepared for the possibility of being asked where they are going. They may be asked to show a University of Hartford identification card or a membership card (i.e. physical therapy appointment or fitness center membership card) to gain access to campus.
• All residents have been asked to park on the residential side of campus throughout the weekend. Student’s guests will be asked to park in lots on the academic side of campus. Due to guest and event parking, it may be more difficult to find a space in your usual lot. Please practice patience and add extra travel time for this purpose.
• Effective Thursday at noon and throughout Spring Fling weekend, anyone seeking access to the residential side of campus either driving or walking will be stopped and asked to show a University of Hartford ID or a wristband if the person is a student guest. Faculty and staff who have classes on the residential side of campus should make special note of this. Students can pick up their wristbands in Suisman Lounge, GSU. See the schedule for picking up wristbands.
• The Fitness Center (in the Sports Center) will remain open during Spring Fling Weekend.
• There will be several non-Spring Fling related events, including sporting events, on campus on Saturday, April 20, and Sunday, April 21. These events are open to the public. If you or someone you know are planning to attend an event, please practice patience and build in extra travel time, and be prepared to say what event you are attending at a checkpoint.
• The on-campus shuttle is cancelled for Spring Fling Weekend.
• Off-campus shuttles will continue to operate from Millard Circle, according to the online schedule, to off-campus sites including the Handel PAC, Clemens Place, Asylum Avenue campus and University High School. The shopping shuttle will operate during Spring Fling weekend but will begin and end at Millard Circle rather than the Commons.
• Connecticut Transit buses headed inbound to Hartford, which usually stop on campus, will instead stop across the street on Bloomfield Avenue after noon on Thursday and all day Friday and Saturday.
The University gates will re-open by 5 a.m. on Sunday, April 21, and the checkpoints will end.
We are committed to making this weekend as worry free and safe as possible for everyone on campus. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
Department of Public Safety