- Volunteers Needed for Midnight Breakfast
- Stuff a Public Safety Cruiser with Toys on Dec. 11!
- EAP Newsletter: The Facts About Drinking and Driving
- December Issue of Live Well, Work Well — Taking the Stress Out of Holiday Shopping, and More
Training Opportunity for Staff on 'Email Etiquette'
Over the course of the last year, Human Resources Development (HRD) has worked to expand our training program offerings to the University community. Based on the positive feedback that we have received thus far, these efforts have proved successful. Our goal is to continue to identify training opportunities and, in turn, provide programs that our community wants and/or needs.
We are delighted to announce that HRD, in conjunction with Information Technology Services (ITS), has developed, and will conduct for the second time, an educational training session on "Email Etiquette: Diamonds are Forever. Email Comes Close." This training will provide both practical and policy applications that are important for you to know and understand as an employee at the University of Hartford. The agenda for this training program is as follows:
• Review of General Expectations (Staff Employment Manual)
• Review of ITS policies
• Discussion of types of email and appropriate usage
• Creating emails that are sure to be read
• Editing, checking tone, avoiding common errors
• Group Discussion and Q&As
This training will be offered on Friday, March 8, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. in GSU 333.
To ensure we have sufficient materials for distribution, please confirm your attendance by contacting EmPOWER (Employee Professional Opportunities, Workshops, and Educational Resources) at ext. 5785 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A full list of training opportunities can also be found on the EmPOWER website.
We look forward to seeing you soon!