Skip to Top NavigationSkip to Utility NavigationSkip to SearchSkip to Left NavigationSkip to Content
Mobile Menu

Student Jobs

Students interested in working during the academic year have three options:


Federal Work-Study (FWS) jobs are available to students who have qualified based on the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The program is financed with federal money and is administered by the University's Office of Student Financial Assistance. 

Eligibility for financial aid is determined by the University of Hartford's Office of Student Financial Assistance. If you qualify for Federal Work-Study, it will be listed in your financial aid award, which can be viewed in your self-service account. Your total FWS amount is specified here as well. You may not earn more through this program than your award specifies. You are paid an hourly rate and receive a paycheck every two weeks. Schedules and work responsibilities are discussed with the immediate supervisor. All FSW students may work a maximum of 20 hours per week during the academic year.

All work-study jobs will be posted on CareerBridge by the end of August.

Check your financial aid packet to see if you qualify for Federal Work Study.  If you have an amount listed for Federal Work Study, search for "Federal Work Study" job postings on CareerBridge. 

Work-study assignments may be viewed on CareerBridge.  (Click on the JOB tab, select "Federal Work Study" under the Position Type, then "Search".) 

Additional information regarding federal work study employment.

If you have any questions about the Work Study Program please visit the Office of Student Financial Assistance (Financial Aid) in the Bates House or call 860.768.4296.


There are many on-campus positions that do not require work study funding, but still allow students to earn money for work performed on campus. The following departments often employ students on a part-time basis, but there are many others:

  • Dean's Offices
  • Sports Center
  • Lincoln Theater
  • University Libraries
  • Campus Store
  • ARAMARK Food Services 
  • U of H Call Center (must call 860.768.2412)

To learn about some of these part-time, on-campus opportunities, visit CareerBridge (click on the JOB tab, select "ON-CAMPUS" under the Position Type, then "Search".)


Many local employers post part-time and seasonal jobs on CareerBridge. (Click on the JOB tab, select "Part-time" or "Seasonal" under the Position Type, then "Search".)

You may also find part-time jobs in the greater Hartford area by visiting

For summer seasonal jobs, check out