Will you be seeking Financial Aid for Grad School?
- Apply for financial aid on the Federal Student Aid website http://www.fafsa.gov/
Visit the University of Hartford Financial Aid website and under the forms tab download the “graduate and professional aid application.” If you are applying for aid in the summer semester, you will ALSO need to complete the “summer enrollment form.” Once you have completed the forms, please return them to the financial aid office; fax: 860-768-4961.
- Once all the documentation has been received, an award letter will be sent to the home of the applicant.
- Applicants will need to reply to the award letter with the amount the wish to barrow.
a. The maximum award per year is $20,500.
b. The awarded funds can be divided by splitting in half to cover the spring and fall semester, or in thirds to cover the summer, fall, and spring semesters.
c. Undergraduate students who wish to move directly into the MBA/MSAT program are eligible to apply for graduate aid, and will be awarded upon successfully completing their undergraduate degree.
- Once the applicant has returned your award letter, they must complete the Master Promissory Note and Entrance Interview on www.studentloans.gov. Master Promissory Note must be signed upon receiving first reward letter and is valid for 10 years.
- Graduate applicants are now eligible to barrow through the Direct PLUS Loan known as the Grad PLUS Loan. For more information on the Grad PLUS Loan program please visit the Direct PLUS webpage on the Federal Student Aid website.
If you need assistance with your financial aid application or have general financial aid related questions please contact Eileen Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
*When applying for financial aid, please remember that there is a 1.5% origination fee when calculating your financial need.