Vision, Mission, Values
The Barney School will be a leader in career-focused business education recognized for our global involvement and visible social engagement through our worldwide partnerships with educational and business organizations.
The Barney School of Business prepares individuals to be leaders and decision makers who are globally aware and socially responsible by:
- Creating a student-focused learning environment that emphasizes effective, high quality baccalaureate and masters' level teaching and learning; and
- Engaging in a broad range of scholarly activities to improve the practice of business, enhance and strengthen our teaching and provide intellectual stimulation to our faculty; and
- Maintaining strong relationships with business, not-for-profit and government entities to facilitate their interaction with our students and faculty in a wide variety of activities.
- We value students as learners and as individuals.
- We value lifelong learning as a way to understand and adapt to our changing world.
- We value faculty excellence in teaching and research.
- We value global awareness and an appreciation for diversity.
- We value the richness of experience provided by partnerships with businesses, not-for-profits and government entities
- We value the qualities of leadership and the leadership potential of our students.
- We value professionalism in the conduct of our faculty and students.
- We value ethical behavior, social responsibility, and service to the university and external communities.