Saturday, May 17, 2014
Graduate Commencement Ceremony
10 a.m., University Green
Sunday, May 18, 2014
Commencement for Undergraduate Programs
10 a.m., University Green (main ceremony)
School and college diploma presentations immediately follow at separate sites on campus.
The Graduate Commencement Ceremony will take place on Saturday, May 17, on the University Green (the large lawn area at the center of the academic buildings and student union). This ceremony will include the awarding of degrees for all graduate degree candidates and the hooding of all students receiving doctoral degrees. Students will walk across the main stage as their names are announced, and shake the hand of the president, provost, and dean of their school or college. Diplomas will be sent to their permanent address within 14 days of the ceremony.
The Commencement for Undergraduate Programs will be held on Sunday, May 18, beginning with the main ceremony at 10 a.m. on the University Green (the large lawn area at the center of the academic buildings and student union). Following the main ceremony, graduates and guests will proceed to separate sites across campus for school and college diploma presentations.
• College of Arts and Sciences: Sports Center *
• Barney School of Business: Gray Center courtyard tent
• College of Education, Nursing and Health Professions: Main site (large tent)
• College of Engineering, Technology, and Architecture: Auerbach Hall lawn tent *
• Hartford Art School: Art School courtyard (if significant rain, Gengras cafeteria)
• The Hartt School: Lincoln Theater *
• Hillyer College: Millard Auditorium
• University Studies: Gengras Cafeteria (if significant rain, Wilde Auditorium)
* indicates locations showing a simulcast of the main ceremony
A simulcast of the main ceremony will be shown in the following locations: the large tent on the Auerbach Hall lawn, the Sports Center, and Lincoln Theater (ticketed Hartt School guests only). Guests who wish to bypass the main ceremony and settle in early at diploma presentation sites should consider these options. Vehicles will be restricted from traveling on campus roads between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Additional indoor viewing areas are Mali Auditorium (off the Dana Hall lobby) and Suisman Lounge on the main floor of Gengras Student Union. In the event of inclement weather, additional classrooms on the main floors of Hillyer Hall and Dana Hall will also be open for simulcast viewing of the main ceremony.