Public Safety Welcome Letter
Permit Registration Instructions
You can—and should–register your car before you even arrive on campus!
There is an online system for reserving and purchasing parking permits. All students must use this system.
Here's how it works:
- Visit the Self-Service Center
- Sign in using your existing PIN or follow instructions if using for the first time
- Once logged in, click the "Public Safety/Parking" link
- Click "Request a University of Hartford Parking Permit"
- Enter your vehicle information
- Print your temporary permit
- Bring your temporary permit, vehicle registration, and University ID and driver's license to the Department of Public Safety to receive your permanent permit.
- All students must display a valid permit by the first day of class. Thereafter any vehicle must be registered and display a permanent permit immediately upon being brought to campus.
If you have questions about the new online system, call Public Safety at 860.768.7985 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.