If you are interested in a career as a paralegal, you will find a supportive atmosphere and an adviser committed to your academic progress and success in our Paralegal Studies program. We recruit highly qualified lawyers and paralegals from the local community to share their expertise in specific legal topics.
Our approval by the American Bar Association (ABA) assures you of instructors who have met the ABA's exacting standards. It also requires us to work with an advisory board of local lawyers, paralegals, recruiters, and community members dedicated to promoting the reputation of our program—which is to your benefit in the job market.
What makes us stand out?
- We provide a full-service approach to legal education.
- We are constantly re-designing our course offerings to meet the interests of students and the needs of the job market.
- We offer courses year-round with evening and Saturday options.
- A student can complete the Paralegal Certificate in less than a year.
- We offer job counseling and placement services, as well as a vibrant internship program that can place you in the attorney general's office, a top local law firm, corporate law department, or even provide the opportunity to work with disadvantaged children as an advocate.
- Students can gain substantive experience working in pro bono clinics including the Foreclosure Prevention Clinic held on our campus.
- Many of our alumni work in the community, ensuring that you will have a network of professionals to assist as you grow in your career.