Master of Science in Management
To be eligible for admission, you must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.3 (conditional admission may be offered on a case-by-case basis if GPA below 3.3)
- Combined GRE score of 295 or higher
- GMAT score of 480 or higher or successful completion of a GMAT waiver interview
Full Admission with GMAT/GRE Waiver
Applicants may waive the GMAT/GRE requirement under the following conditions:
- 3.0 GPA or higher from an AACSB-accredited business degree program or from a nonbusinessdegree program with professional accreditation (such as ABET) completed within the past 10 years.
- 3.3 GPA or higher from a four-year bachelor’s degree program within the past 10 years*.
- Five or more years of high-level work experience and a minimum 2.75 GPA from a four-year bachelor’s degree program. Applicants should provide details of their experience on their résumé.
- Applicant has completed a master’s, law, or medical degree at an accredited university.
- Eligible for a GMAT Waiver Interview with three to five years of substantive work experience. Applicants should provide details of their experience on their résumé.
Conditional Admission with GMAT/GRE Waiver
Applicants with a 3.0-3.29 GPA from a four-year bachelor degree program within the past 10 years may apply for conditional admission.
If conditional admission is granted, the student must:
- Complete the following courses: MSM600 and MSM610
- Earn a grade of B- or higher in each of the courses
- Achieve a cumulative GPA of 3.0 for both courses.
Admission to the MSM program and waiver of the GMAT is denied if any of the above conditions are not met. Students have one opportunity to repeat any of the courses to improve the GPA to 3.0 to be reconsidered for the GMAT waiver and full acceptance into the program.
In all cases requiring a minimum GPA, non-U.S. bachelor degree GPAs must be verified by WES.
To apply to the Master of Science in Management, students must:
- Complete our online application
- Request official transcripts from the school that granted your bachelor’s degree and from any graduate institution you attended. Have transcripts sent to:
University of Hartford
Graduate Admission Office-Online Programs
200 Bloomfield Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117 USA
- A nonrefundable application fee of $50
- A letter of intent (as explained in the application)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Your résumé