Teaching with Technology
Used effectively and selectively, instructional technology
can enhance teaching and learning.
Instructional technology is much more than Blackboard, and much more than learning the button-pushing for any tool. It's about enhancing teaching and learning.
FCLD offers pedagogical and how-to assistance for enhancing face-to-face and distance education using several types of instructional technologies such as:
- Incorporating multimedia into teaching and learning.
- Web 2.0 tools like Dropbox for cloud storage, and Jing for screen-capturing.
- Taking advantage of mobile technologies like smartphones, tablets, and e-readers.
- Lecture capture (Echo360) and conferencing tools (WebEx).
- Taking advantage of open education resources on the Internet such as Merlot.
- Presentation software such as PowerPoint.