Faculty Advisory Committee
- Jaclyn Conley, Hartford Art School
- Regina Graziani, Paralegal Studies, University Studies
- Ben Ide, Technical Services
- Diana Veneri, School of Education, Nursing and Health Professions
- R.J. McGivney, University Studies
- Patricia Mellodge, College of Engineering, Technology, and Architecture
- Nels Highberg, Arts and Sciences
- Ken Steen, The Hartt School
- Narendar Sumukadas, Barney School of Business
- Lorelle Wilson, FCLD (ex-officio)
- Barbara Wolfe, Hillyer College
The Faculty Advisory Committee (FAC) meets periodically throughout the year, and meeting notes are kept on the FCLD Faculty Advisory Committee Blackboard site.
If you would like access to the Advisory Committee meeting notes, please contact the FCLD staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The main purpose for the Faculty Center for Learning Development/Faculty Advisory Committee (FCLD/FAC) is to serve as a liaison between University faculty and the staff of the FCLD. As such, the advisory committee will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Recognizing that the function of the FCLD is likely to continue to evolve over time, the FCLD/FAC will be expected to work with the FCLD staff to maintain the general mission statement and provide recommendations.
- Recognizing FCLD’s mission is to serve the needs of faculty, the FCLD/FAC will advise the FCLD staff of the pedagogical needs of faculty as they apply to technology and make recommendations on the content and scheduling of faculty training sessions offered by the FCLD.
- Recognizing that changes in technology occur rapidly and that the function of the FCLD is to serve faculty, the FCLD staff will apprise the FCLD/FAC of the consideration of new technologies for use in the FCLD and seek information about the needs and desires of the general University faculty via the FCLD/FAC prior to making any recommendations for substantive changes in technologies that directly impact faculty via the FCLD. The FCLD staff may feel free to call upon members of the FCLD/FAC to demonstrate their support for such changes.
FCLD staff will provide the FCLD/FAC with updates on the activities of the center. In turn, FCLD/FAC members will provide the faculty in their home colleges with updates on the activities of the FCLD and are expected to seek feedback from their colleagues in an effort to provide representative input at the FCLD/FAC meetings.