The President’s Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The President’s Office is pleased to announce the formation of a standing committee named The President’s Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Chairs are Jane Horvath, DeLois Lindsay, and Karen Tejada. They will be choosing a committee shortly. The charge is:
- To develop a definition of diversity
- To create and manage a series of events that highlight diversity/equity/inclusion
- To take an inventory of what we have in place that supports diversity/equity/inclusion for students, staff, and faculty
- To thoughtfully consider new steps/new initiatives moving forward
- To formulate strategies for recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff
- To formulate strategies to retain diverse students
Updates on the important work of this committee will be posted to this website.
Questions can be addressed to any of the chairs.