Skip to Top NavigationSkip to Utility NavigationSkip to SearchSkip to Left NavigationSkip to Content
Mobile Menu

New Student Information

  •  University ID

For hours and directions go to our official Student ID webpage.

  • E-MAIL Accounts

E-mail accounts are automatically generated for students upon course registration.  A new student letter is mailed to the home address within 24 hours of registration  Login information for Webmail and the eBilling system are included in the letter.  Students having trouble accessing Webmail should contact Computer Support Services located on the 1st floor of the Beatrice Auerbach Computer and Administration Center  For hours of operation, please click here  to access their website.

Please note that e-mail is used as an official means of communication between the school and the students.  Therefore, it is important to check your University of Hartford e-mail account on a daily basis.

  • Parking Permits

Parking permits are obtained by logging into the Student Self Service Center and clicking the Public Safety/Parking Link. Once you have completed the steps and have a copy of your temporary parking permit proceed to the Public Safety Office located in the Operations building. Click here for a map of the University.  Please provide a University of Hartford ID card and proof of car registration and the temporary permit. The hours of operation for the Public Safety Office (to issue permits) are:

Monday–Thursday: 8:30 a.m.–8:30 p.m.

Friday:  8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.

  • FERPA :  Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974
FERPA is a federal law which is designed to protect the privacy of and limit access to the educational records of students.

The University of Hartford may not discuss certain aspects of a student's educational record, including financial items, with a parent, guardian or third party unless consent is granted by the student.

The University offers a "Consent to Release Student Information" form, which may be completed online or in person.  Please click here for more information.

  •  Refunds

The BankMobile Disbursments program allow students to choose how they would like to receive their refunds. For more information on this program please click here

  •   Title IV Authorization

Federal Regulations state that the University must obtain written authorization from a student in order to use excess federal financial aid to:

  1.  Pay minor institutional charges
  2. Pay non-institutional charges (e.g. books, parking permits, library fines, traffic fines, etc)
  3. Hold excess Title IV federal funds for a future semesters within an academic year

Student can complete the Title IV authorization by clicking here to log into the Student Self-Service Center (ID and PIN are needed).

If you'd rather complete a paper copy of the form, please click here.  Once completed, the Title IV Authorization form should be brought to the  Bursar Office located on the second floor of the Computer and Administration Building.

  • Immunization

All students, full time and part time, graduate and undergraduate, must submit an immunization record.  Please click here to visit the Health Services website to download the forms.  Requirements are based on The Connecticut Department of Public Health. 

As of 12/5/11, the following are required:

It must be completed with your registration/acceptance to the University. Documentation must be clearly legible and have your school ID number or Social Security number CLEARLY WRITTEN.

This form must be signed or stamped by your physician or you may attach a copy of records from another school or physician office--you must still fill out the demographic portion of our form and attach your records.  Demographic information is required file the forms.

Before beginning school, all students must submit their immunization records. This includes undergrads, graduate, part-time and full-time students. 

Requirements vary depending on your status.  Please see below:

A physical is not required!

The state of Connecticut mandates that all students supply the following information:

  1. All students must show proof of two MMR’s (measles, mumps, rubella).
    You are exempt if you were born before 12/31/56.
    Disease history is not acceptable for this requirement.
    Please contact Health Services if you are age exempt.
  2. All incoming freshman and transfer students beginning 1/1/2010 must show proof of two varicella (chicken pox) vaccines.
    Documentation by your physician of the disease is acceptable.
  3. All students living in any campus housing must show proof of having had the meningitis or menactra vaccine.

Please fax the form to 860.768.5140, or mail to:

    Student Health Services
    University of Hartford
    200 Bloomfield Avenue
    West Hartford, CT 06117