Skip to Top NavigationSkip to Utility NavigationSkip to SearchSkip to Left NavigationSkip to Content
Mobile Menu

Storm Advisory for Sunday, Jan. 20

A winter storm warning remains in effect for Hartford County until 7 p.m. today. Residential students are asked to postpone their return to campus to Monday afternoon or, for those whose class schedules allow, Tuesday. Students, please do not travel to and arrive on campus today.

Hartt Community Division activities today and this evening are canceled.

Frequently Asked Questions

Question:  Where do I register and make a payment?
Answer:  At the Student Administrative Services Center located on the second floor of the Beatrice Auerbach Computer and Administration building.  The front offices of Bursar and Registrar have combined to create a 'one-stop' service for students where you can register and make payment with the same person.  Please sign-in at the Reception desk.  Students may also check with their advisor to see if they are able to register on-line.  Registration may be available online.  Please check with your advisor.  Payments may be made with check or credit card online.  Please visit the Payment Info page for acceptable forms of payment.

Question:  I can't remember my student PIN.  Where do I go to have my PIN reset?
Answer:  You can reset your PIN on-line or contact the University of Hartford Help Desk Services at x4357 (HELP) or from off campus at 1-844-292-3213.

Question:  Why is my call not being answered when calling the Student Administrative Services Center (SASC) at (860)768-4999?

Answer:  Please be sure you are calling our office during regular business hours.  Please note that our initial greeting at 860-768-4999 is not a voicemail box.  The greeting automatically puts you in a calling queue to be answered by the next available representative.  If you are calling during regular business hours and you are unable to reach us, you may be calling during a peak call time.  We generally have 4 to 6 people scheduled to answer incoming telephone calls.  However, our volume of calls increase greatly during the 12:00 - 2:00pm lunch hour each day.  They also increase when the Bursar billing statements are received at home and at the time of the due date for the billing statement.  Another busy telephone time is at the beginning of each semester.  You may try the following:

  • Call during an off-peak time.  Early in the morning or later in the afternoon.
  • Have your student visit our office.  We will be happy to have a Client Service Specialist call you at the time your student is being helped.
  • Contact us through e-mail or Fax.  Our e-mail address is and fax number is (860)768-4886.  We make every effort to respond to all e-mail and fax inquiries within 24 hours.  However, this may be delayed to 48 hours during extremely busy periods.
  • Leave a voicemail message.  As with e-mail and fax request responses, we make every effort to respond within 24 to 48 hours.

Question:  How much does it cost to attend the University of Hartford?
Answer:  Cost of attendance relies upon many different variables.  The cost of attendance used by the Financial Aid Office does not depend on residency and may include costs not billed through the Bursar office.  Please visit the Tuition and Fees section of the Bursar office website for detailed cost information.   To go there now, click here:  Tuition and Fees

Question:  What forms of payment do you accept?
Answer:  The University of Hartford accepts cash, check, traveler check, MasterCard, Visa,  Discover and American express.  Please note that credit card payments can only be process inline through CASHNet and are subject to a 2.75% processing fee. 

Cash and traveler check payments should be made at the Student Administrative Services located on the second floor of the Beatrice Auerbach Administration building.

  • Check payments can be made online via CASHNet.  Check payments can also be mailed along with the top portion of the billing statement to University of Hartford, P.O Box 416362 Boston, MA 02241-6362.  Check payments need to be made payable to the University of Hartford and be payable in U.S. dollars through a U.S. bank.  Students will be responsible for any fees the University is charged for foreign collections and insufficient funds.  Please make sure to mail all scholarship checks directly to the Student Administrative Services Center for proper credit.
  • Charge payments must be made online via the CASHNet service.  Students should sign up their parents or other responsible parties as an authorized payer.  Students can access this through the Student Self Service Center. 

Click here:  Bursar Payment Information

Question:  Where is the credit for my $500.00 Admissions deposit?
Answer:  Students who expect to live on-campus pay a $500.00 admissions deposit and those students with off-campus housing are required to pay a $300.00 admissions deposit.  The only portion of your admissions deposit that will be reflected on the Bursar billing statement is the $100.00 tuition deposit.  Please note we do not reflect the $200.00 fee for commuter student orientation, the $250.00 fee for resident student orientation, or the$150.00 damage deposit on the Bursar billing statement.  The orientation fee covers the student's cost of orientation and the damage deposit is held on the student account until they vacate housing.  The damage deposit is then released to the account and processed according to the Residential Life deposit guidelines.

Question:  How can I get a transcript?
Answer:  Use the following link to place a transcript order: .  If  you are a current student, you also may order official transcripts after logging in to your self-service account.

You can have your transcript delivered by one fo the methods below.

  • Electronic transcript, a secure, digitally signed PDF sent to the recipient. (It is your responsibility to verify that the recipient will accept delivery of an electronic transcript.) The cost for an electronic transcript is $17.50 per copy.
  • Paper copy, sent by the US Postal Service. Rush requests will be processed and sent within three business days from receipt of the request. Regular requests will be processed and sent within 10 business days from receipt of the request. The cost for a  rush transcript is $13.50per copy, non-rush transcripts are $7.50 per copy
  • Paper copy, picked up at the Student Administrative Services Center located on the second floor of the Computer Center. A photo ID is required to pick up the transcript to verify your identity. Rush requests will be ready for pick up after three business days from reciept of the request. Regular requests will be ready for pick up after 10 business days from receipt of the request. The cost for a  rush transcript is $13.50per copy, non-rush transcripts are $7.50 per copy

Please note that the Registrar's office will not process transcripts if you have a hold on your account.  Holds include cashier restriction, Stafford/Perkins exit requirements and health immunization restrictions.  

Question:  I have a loan pending, why am I not cleared for classes?
Answer:  We issue a 'memo credit' on student accounts for pending loans as long as all the proper paperwork has been completed and processed.  Please be sure you have properly completed the MPN (master promissory note).  Federal Stafford and Perkins loans require the MPN be completed prior to issuing a memo credit.  Other loans including, PLUS, EXCEL, CT FELP, TERI, CitiASSIST, will not memo until the school has certified the loan.  If you have submitted a promissory note to a lender you may fax this information to our office at (860)768-4886 and we can review the student account.  Include the student name, ID number, name of contact person and telephone number where you can be reached.

Question:  I am waiting for my outside scholarship to be credited to my account.  Do I need to pay the balance due before you receive the funds?
Answer:  The University does not consider outside scholarships a payment until the actual check is received and credited on your account.  Therefore, outside scholarships do follow the same payment due dates as tuition payments.  You will need to make sure that they have the current due dates for your tuition.  If payment is not expected by the due date, you will need to pay your account balance in full and can request a refund when the scholarship money is received and your Bursar account reflects a credit balance.

Question:  Where can I get information for my medical insurance company?
Answer:  Enrollment verifications are now done through the National Student Clearing House.  Students should log in to their self-service account, click on Student Main Menu, click on Student Academic Records then click on the Official Academic Transcript and Enrollment Verificatio Requests link.  This will open a new window and link to the National Student Clearing house.  Enrollment verifications can be done for the current semester or for all semesters the student had been in attendance.

Question:  Why do I need a student identification (ID) card?
Answer:  Please go to our Student ID webpage for more information.

Question:  Do I need a parking permit if I only take one class at night?
Answer:  Yes.  Every vehicle parked on campus is required to carry the proper parking permit for the lot where the vehicle is parked.  Vehicles not showing a valid parking permit for the lot they are parking in are subject to a parking fine.  Parking permits can be initiated after August 18th by logging into the Student Self Service Center and clicking the Public Safety/Parking link.

Question: How can I get my books?
Answer:  You can purchase your books directly at the Campus bookstore or on-line at  Please contact the bookstore directly at 860-768-4801.

Campus Store:  Bring your course confirming schedule to pick out your books and pay for them in one trip.

On-Line:  Avoid the long lines by purchasing your books on-line.  All Fall Term orders (pick-up and shipping) will be held until the second week in August.  At this time they will be processed in the order in which they were received.  Used books are sold on a first come first serve basis.  Requesting DO NOT SUBSTITUTE could result in an incomplete order.  If used books are available The Campus Bookstore will ALWAYS pull them first unless indicated otherwise. 

Question:  Am I eligible for a Bookstore voucher?
Answer:  Bookstore vouchers can be issued to students who have need based financial aid above the cost of tuition and fees.  The only loans considered in assessing the eligibility for a voucher are Federal Stafford Loans.  Loans such as the Federal PLUS, CT FELP and TERI as well as HigherOne's Tuition Payment Plan may not be considered in verifying the eligibility of receiving a bookstore voucher.  Students who are eligible for a bookstore voucher need to come to SASC's office, between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. with a valid student identification card.  Students will be given strict guidelines associated with the use of a bookstore voucher.

Question:  Can I have access to the Bursar and Financial Aid Dollars and Sense presentation for the parents Orientation session?
Answer:  Please click here to view the Dollars and Sense PowerPoint presentation on the Bursar's website.