Skip to Top NavigationSkip to Utility NavigationSkip to SearchSkip to Left NavigationSkip to Content
Mobile Menu

Storm Advisory for Sunday, Jan. 20

A winter storm warning remains in effect for Hartford County until 7 p.m. today. Residential students are asked to postpone their return to campus to Monday afternoon or, for those whose class schedules allow, Tuesday. Students, please do not travel to and arrive on campus today.

Hartt Community Division activities today and this evening are canceled.

Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I register and make a payment?

At the Student Administrative Services Center located on the second floor of the Beatrice Auerbach Computer and Administration building. You may also register and make check or credit card payments online. Please refer to our Payment Information section for more details about making online payments. Please see your school advisor to find out if you can register online.

Who is SASC?

SASC stands for the Student Administrative Services Center. 
Opened in the fall of 2002, SASC provides a "one-stop-shopping" service for student- related administrative processes that include registration, payment, access to academic records, and basic financial aid information. The new SASC unit offers the following features:

  • consultation with a specialist to assist with more complex issues
  • student access to online services at computer kiosks

SASC provides enhanced service to students through its case management approach.  Students work with a trained and experienced client service specialist who is responsible for guiding students through the various stages of enrollment and financial services. If there are unresolved issues, a SASC specialist is responsible for following up on them until they are resolved. The unit is located on the second floor of the Computer and Administration building. 

Hours: Monday–Thursday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. and Friday, 8:30 a.m.–3 p.m.

*During peak registration periods, hours may be extended

How much does it cost to attend the University of Hartford?

Cost of attendance relies upon many different variables. The cost of attendance used by the Financial Aid Office does not depend on state of residency. Please visit our Tuition and Fees section for detailed cost information.

What forms of payment do you accept?

The University of Hartford accepts cash, cards, checks, and traveler checks. CASHNet, our credit card processor, accepts MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express. 

Cash and traveler check payments should be made at the Student Administrative Services  located on the second floor of the Beatrice Auerbach Computer and Administration Building.

  • Check payments can be made online via CASHNet.  Check payments can also be mailed along with the top portion of the billing statement to University of Hartford, P.O Box 416362 Boston, MA 02241-6362.  Check payments need to be made payable to the University of Hartford and be payable in U.S. dollars through a U.S. bank.  Students will be responsible for any fees the University is charged for foreign collections and insufficient funds.  Please make sure to mail all scholarship checks directly to the Student Administrative Services Center for proper credit.

Please make sure to mail all scholarship checks directly to the Student Administrative Services Center for proper credit. Click here for additional payment information.

Can I pay in my country's currency?

Payment through Western Union Business Solutions allows international students to pay on their student account in the currency of their home country.  By selecting this payment option you will have a ‘Pending’ payment on your (CASHNet - My Account Information) page to signify that you have begun the process.  PENDING Western Union Business Solution payments do not release holds or credit your student account. You will need to print out the Western Union Business Solution payment instructions and deliver it to your bank within 72 hours to keep the exchange rate offered.  If payment is not made within this timeframe, University of Hartford may not receive the full amount expected depending on foreign currency fluctuations.  Once Western Union Business Solutions receives the funds they will transfer them to University of Hartford in US dollars, at which time the ‘Pending’ status of the payment will be removed, and the payment will be posted to your student account.  Please click here to read more information about this new payment option.

What are student fees?

All full-time undergraduate students, regardless of whether or not they live on campus, and part-time undergraduate students living in University housing pay a mandatory student support services fee that entitles them to health and counseling services at the campus clinic. This fee also provides 12-month accident insurance and is used to help fund the Student, Residence Hall, Commuter and Parent's Associations.

What is the technology fee?

This fee supports the University of Hartford's ongoing efforts to create and maintain technology infrastructure to promote student learning. Such infrastructure includes, but is not limited to, information networks, electronic information resources, computer laboratories and classrooms, and the development of technologically-advanced teaching material.

How can I get a transcript?

Use the following link to place a transcript order: .  If  you are a current student, you also may order official transcripts after logging in to your self-service account.

Transcripts cost $4.00 for a single copy; if ordered in multiples, $1.00 each additional copy ordered after the first copy.  Registrar's office asks for up to ten days for processing.  If you require a "rush" transcript, processed within 3 business days, the cost is $10.00 per transcript.  Please note that the Registrar's office will not process transcripts if you have a Bursar hold on your account.  Holds include cashier restriction, Stafford/Perkins exit requirements and health immunization restrictions.  

Do I need a parking permit if I only take one class at night?

Yes. Every vehicle parked on campus is required to carry the proper parking permit for the lot where the vehicle is parked. Vehicles not showing a valid parking permit are subject to a parking fine. Parking permits can be activated after August 18 by logging in to the Student Self-Service Center and clicking the Public Safety/Parking link.

Why do I need a student identification (ID) card?

Please go to our Student ID webpage for more information.

How can a commuter student sign up for a meal plan?

The University of Hartford has the perfect plan for you. It is called the Commuter Meal Plan and is designed specifically for those students who commute to the University. You can sign up for it by visiting the ID Office in Gengras Student Union or by calling 860.768.4829.

Am I eligible for a Bookstore voucher?

Bookstore vouchers can be issued to students who have need-based financial aid above the cost of tuition and fees. The only loans considered in assessing the eligibility for a voucher are Federal Stafford Loans. Loans such as the Federal PLUS, CT FELP and TERI as well as Tuition Payment Plan payment plans may not be considered in verifying the eligibility of receiving a bookstore voucher. Students who are eligible for a bookstore voucher need to come to the SASC's Office, between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. with a valid student ID card. Students receive strict guidelines associated with the use of a bookstore voucher.

When will my housing damage deposit be released?

Graduating students' damage deposits are automatically appear on their Bursar accounts and any credit balance is generally refunded within six weeks of graduation. The deposit is automatically credited against any outstanding balance. Credits reflected on students accounts will be refunded directly to them unless otherwise stated. Deposits for students who withdraw from the University or move off campus may be subject to forfeiture.  Please contact the Office of Residential Life regarding its policies and procedures.

I am waiting for my outside scholarship to be credited to my account. Do I need to pay the balance due before you receive the funds?

The University does not consider outside scholarships a payment until the actual check is received and credited to your account. Therefore, outside scholarships follow the same payment due dates as tuition payments. You will need to make sure that they have the current due dates for your tuition. If payment is not expected by the due date, you will need to pay your account balance in full and can request a refund when the scholarship money is received and your Bursar account reflects a credit balance.

Where can I get information for my medical insurance company?

The Student Administrative Services Center will provide you with enrollment verification.  A request for verification form can be obtained from its office or by clicking here. Please fill the request out in detail and allow 7-10 business days for processing.

Can I have access to the Bursar and Financial Aid Dollars and Sense presentation for the parents Orientation session?

Please click here to view the PowerPoint presentation.