International Payment Option
University of Hartford is now working with Western Union Business Solutions to provide international students an alternative method for paying student bills. This payment option allows you to pay your student account balance in the currency of your choice and provides a simple and reliable way of initiating payments electronically.
You have a lot to think about when attending a university abroad, including entering international markets to make payments for tuition and other university fees. Some of the complications you can encounter using payment processes such as international wire transfers or bank drafts include:
- Payments are in a currency different from your local currency
- International wires are costly due to high banking fees
- Retail exchange rates are high
- Payment details provided by your banking institution to the university are sometimes incomplete, which can cause delays in applying the payment to your student account
Advantages of using the student payment portal include:
- You can easily obtain a foreign currency quote by accessing CASHNet through the University of Hartford’s self service center
- You can pay your tuition and fees in the currency of your choice which will then be converted to U.S. Dollars
- There are NO additional transaction charges from Western Union Business Solutions or University of Hartford, though you may be charged a transaction fee by your bank. Please note, cash deposits will not be accepted
- The exchange rate is valid for 72 hours* after the transaction is initiated, taking the uncertainty out of the total payment amount
- For payments from certain countries, Western Union Business Solutions may refer the payer to a Western Union Solutions referral partner in that country who will provide a foreign exchange rate and process the payment for the payer
- The exchange rate is competitive when compared to most banks’ retail rates
- Payments received will include your reference information, which ensures that your payment reaches your student account quickly
- Payments will be electronically transmitted to University of Hartford ensuring timely posting, typically 2 to 5 business days from the time you initiate the payment
Click here to view and print instructions on how to initiate a payment through your CASHNet portal.
Click here to download the Western Union flyer.