How to create a new folder.
Navigate to the folder where the new folder is to be located. Once that folder is selected, select Main Menu Bar > New >> Folder.
This will open the Create tab to enter the folder settings:
- System Name – The file name of the folder.
- Folder names should be short and descriptive. (Names affect URL lengths and users' typing time).
- It is strongly recommended to use all lower-case letters.
- Using both letters and numerals is fine; other than that, only dash and underscore are recommended. This is explained in the Naming Pages & Files section.
Instructions & Tips
Do Not use spaces or non-alphanumeric characters in file names.
- Parent Folder – This is where the new folder will be saved. Whichever folder selected in the Folder List will be the default Parent Folder.
- Display Name – The text displayed for the bread crumbs and left-hand-navigation. It should be short and descriptive. It can contain spaces and special characters and use capitalization.
- Title – The Title appears at the top of the Main Content section below the Bread crumbs. This is usually the same as the Display Name.
- Display in mobile site navigation? – Yes to have folder accessible in the navigation on mobile devices.
- Display in navigation? – Select Yes to have folders accessible in the navigation trail.
- Folder is a Microsite – No, a Microsite breaks away from the standard site navigation.
- Include when publishing – Check this box to include the new folder when Publishing your site. Files not published are not accessible online.
- Include when indexing – Check this box to include the new folder in site left-navigation. Files not indexed are not accessible online.
- Click Submit to save changes.