You can add textual content to a page(s) by typing or copy and past it in from a Simple Text Editor. Once content is in Cascade, you can copy & paste it from one page to another.
- Paste text into TextEdit (Macintosh) or Notepad (Windows) first.
- Select text just pasted into TextEdit/Notepad and copy it.
- Paste information into Edit/Main Content area. This area is called the Content Editor or the WYSIWYG (What You See is What You Get). Use the formatting buttons to style text, similar to what you see in Microsoft Word.
- If content is not put into block, that block is hidden form display on the webpage. On Listing and Landing pages Blocks stack one on top of the other.
- If you find it difficult to enter content in the small text area, click the Full Screen icon toggle to view a full screen editing mode. To exit full screen, click the Full Screen Icon again.
- Entered content, click Submit or Save Draft.
- To edit an existing webpage, select Asset Action Toolbar > Edit to add or change content.
Add Content from Microsoft Word Documents
Instructions & Tips
When you copy text from any source that is not another webpage in Cascade, the text may flow in incorrectly. This may cause your page to appear fragmented.
To use text from document or sources out side the CMS webpages, follow these steps:
- Launch MS Word or the external source of text and copy the content needed.
- Open the page to place text into, and select Asset Action Toolbar > Edit.
- Select the Paste as Plain Text icon.
- The Paste as Plain Text window appears. Paste the content into the window, and then click Insert.
- Click Submit or Save Draft.
- Use the formatting tools to format text.