Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
The Bachelor of Science in Mathematics consists of a broad range of mathematics courses as well as a sequence of three courses in physics. The degree is designed to give students an appreciation of the applications of mathematics to the sciences and would serve students interested in graduate work in mathematics or careers in engineering, mathematics, or science.
Course Requirements for the BS Major
Learning Outcomes for the BS in Mathematics
- Students will demonstrate competence in the techniques of calculus in one and several variables.
- Students will model real-world problems using mathematics.
- Students will use technology effectively.
- Students will communicate the mathematical process.
- Students will read and construct mathematical proofs.
- Students will demonstrate a working knowledge of abstraction.