Skip to Top Navigation Skip to Utility Navigation Skip to Search Skip to Left Navigation Skip to Content

Roadway Blockage

The University's main roadway is temporarily closed from the Sports Center to the Public Safety/Facilities building due to a garbage truck fire by Village Apartments. There were no injuries and the only damage is to the truck.

Academics About U OF H
Admission Visiting Campus
Student Life Libraries
Alumni Public Purpose
News Arts & Events
Athletics Giving to U of H

Transfer Student Information

Requirements for Transfer students entering in Fall 2009 or later (from another University or within the University of Hartford)

I. Foundations of Citizenship

Students may satisfy this requirement by taking one course in philosophy or ethics

II. Exploration and Breadth

  • One mathematics course
    • Any mathematics course except M 118 taught by the A&S math department
  • One arts course
    • One course from:
      • Art History (ART)
      • Music (HLM)
      • Cinema (CIN)
      • Drama (DRA)
  • Two humanities courses
    • One history course (HIS)
    • One literature course (ENG)
  • Two social science courses
    • Two courses from two different disciplines from the following:
      • Economics (EC)
      • Politics and Government (POL)
      • Psychology (PSY)
      • Sociology (SOC)
    • If a Social Science major: must take two courses from outside the major and from two different disciplines
  • Two 4-credit lab sciences courses
    • Two 4 credit laboratory courses from the following:
      • Biology (BIO)
      • Chemistry (CH)
      • Physics (PHY)
      • SCI
      • One may be a 4 credit AUCT, but not AUCT 150

III. Foundational Competencies

  • Two writing courses
    • Students may fulfill this requirement by taking two composition/writing courses (courses with the code RPW)
  • One information technology literacy course
    • Students may fulfill this requirement by taking one course from the list here.
  • One writing-intensive course
    • Students may fulfill this requirement by taking one writing-intensive course (W) within the major.

Admission Page for Transfers

Image of batestrees1.jpg

Click on the page below to learn more about admission for transfer students

Red Impact Bar