The Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics combines a fundamental core of required mathematics courses with the flexibility to choose a number of mathematics electives that help prepare a student for a career in business, education, or technology.
M 144 Calculus I
M 145 Calculus II
M 220 Linear Algebra
M 221W Discrete Mathematics I
M 222W Discrete Mathematics II
M 240 Calculus of Several Variables
CS 111 Programming Foundations or CS 114 Computer Programming I
M 340 Introductory Analysis
M 420 Introduction to Modern Algebra
9 hours of upper-level mathematics courses approved by mathematics advisor
Learning Outcomes for the BA in Mathematics
1) Students will demonstrate competence in the techniques of calculus in one and several variables.
2) Students will model real-world problems using mathematics.
3) Students will use technology effectively.
4) Students will communicate the mathematical process.
5) Students will read and construct mathematical proofs.
6) Students will demonstrate a working knowledge of abstraction.